2015 FORT PAYNE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ENDURO RULES
The Car Body:
1. Any 1948 or newer, with a 100″ wheel base (minimum). No 4-wheel drives, Corvettes, convertibles, or trucks. Steel Body Bombers may be used if approved by officials.
Front Wheel Drive cars OK but must have a 100 inch wheelbase Minimum.
Numbers must be on roof and doors to be readable from scorers’ tower.
Car must be strictly stock. No bracing of any kind allowed. No cutting, chopping, channeling or shortening allowed. Body sheet metal must be kept in place at all times. Stock floor pan, firewall, and wheel wells must remain in stock position. All holes in firewall and floor must be covered. Right front fender may be enlarged for tire clearance.
Hood and trunk lid must be fastened shut. All doors must be chained, bolted or welded shut.
All glass must be removed. Even windshield.
All chrome moldings, ornaments, door handles, or plastic components must be removed.
Headlamps, side marker lamps, turn signal lamps and tail stop lamps must be removed. No lights of any kind.
Rear seats and front passenger seat (if split or bucket) must be fastened down.
10. Seats with seatbelt and shoulder harness firmly attached is mandatory.
Complete bumper to bumper steel uni-body must remain intact.
Front and rear bumpers required-no reinforcements-no trailer hitches.
4 POINT ROLL CAGE REQUIRED!!! When installed, they must remain inside the door sheet metal and may not pass through any firewall, may not reinforce the body or frame, or may not alter the geometry of the car. Any installation will be for the sole purpose of extra safety for the driver. All bars must be contained within the cab area. No bracing in front or rear of car.
All cars must have 4 POINT ROLL CAGE:
A. Hoop behind driver the full width of cab area.
B. 2 braces forward and rear to floor supporting roll over bar. (No bars may pass through firewall).
C. NO ROLL BARS- NO RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D. Two brace bars allowed from roll cage back to front base of kick up. E. Roll Bars made of 1 ½ inch diameter with minimum thickness of .065
No exterior or interior mirrors.
Larger radiators permissible if they fit in stock radiator cradle. No antifreeze!!
Up to 4 Passenger Allowed, including Driver. Each Person MUST wear a helmet and wear seat belts
All suspension parts must be absolute stock for that make, model, and year with NO modifications. NONE!! No lumber, chain, spacer, cutting or welding allowed. Factory Stock Seats are OK, but must be secured, RACING SEATS highly recommended!! Seats Belts are required!!
ENGINE, CARBURETOR, TRANSMISSION AND REAREND
1. Engine must be strictly stock for that make, model, and year and in its original mounts. No dual line or double-pumper carburetors – one 2bbl. Or ONE 4bbl. Only. Fuel Injected Cars Allowed & Must be stock for the car and MUST have manual shut off for electric fuel pumps. Stock intake and exhaust only. No center dumps unless stock to car and motor.
2. ALL ENGINES MUST HAVE STOCK VALVE COVERS. NO ROLLER ROCKER. MAY BE INSPECTED BEFORE AND AFTER THE RACE.
3. Any stock transmission allowed.
4. No headers. Exhaust pipe must exit behind driver in front of rear wheel well.
5. Drive shaft must have hoop.
6. Rear-end must be stock for the make, model, and year.
7. Battery may be moved into cab area, covered and securely fastened.
8. No guards for radiator.
9. Fuel Cell must be used, mounting must not reinforce rear frame area. If fuel cell is lower than trunk floor a guard must be securely strapped to frame. All fuel Cells must be inside of frame rails max of 32 gal. Fuel cell. Use 2″ square tubes maximum to mount it. No reinforcing of rear of frame, can repair broken rear frames with flat stock. Must have check valve in overflow tube! A: Factory Fuel Cells for fuel injected cars are OK!! Manual shut of switch to fuel pump required.
10. No electric fuel pumps unless stock to model, make, and year and must have manual shut off for electric fuel pumps.
TIRES AND BRAKES:
1. Wheels: Factory Steel or Aluminum Wheels Okay. No After Market Aluminum or Racing Wheels! Safety Wheels Okay. No More Than 8 Inches Wide Max, 65 Series Max
2. No Truck Tires, No All-Terrain Tires, No gumball or shaving of tires. All tires subject to approval of chief inspector. No lightweight or aluminum wheels. Safety wheels highly recommended. NO BEAD LOCKS!!!!!!!!
3. All cars must have brake systems in good operating condition.
4: Fire Extinguishers Required in both the front and rear (if you elect to have passengers ride)
RACING PROCEDURES AND RACE FORMAT TO BE ADDED SOON
Ok Folks we are getting geared up for out 1st annual Enduro Race. Saturday November 7th, 200 Laps or 2 hour time limit. $2,000.00 to win, 30 car minimum. $75.00 entry fee. Gates open at 12:00. Also we are having Pony Stock Feature 20 Laps $500.00 to win 15 car minimum, $30.00 Entry Fee. Grand Stands $10.00 Pits $30.00
Grand Stands $10.00 Pits $30.00 Children 12 and under always free
Fire Suits, and Raceceivers are required by all drivers at all times
Our 2015 Rules are now posted